Kokowääh

I have to admit that I am emotionally quiet confused after this film and I started to write this review in the second I finished the film so i do not forget what I want to say. The problem now is that I feel I am not nearly good enough in writing to fully express what I think about this film but I have to try it.

I think the film uses quiet a messed up time line and when I come to think of it many assets of the film are not made in a conventional way. Sometimes that does not work but all the other time it makes a quiet good job. Many of the essential parts to the story are explained quiet late in the film. For example I was long confused who the real father of the kid is, but I think that is something made on purpose and it works as it reflects also the difficult emotional stage Henry is in. Another part of information we only get over time is how the relationship of Henry and Katharina worked and how they broke up. All together this part of the story does not work as well as the rest as it keeps their relationship quiet shallow where it needs to get depths going. It is always quiet clear that they are going to end up together and with a already that messed up timeline the producers could have dared the shoot to get a bit more out of this part.

The integration of the situation the protagonist is experiencing and how he puts all this thoughts and feeling into the script is solved very well and in this scene we see how the relationship between this two should have been handled through the whole film.

The other big part is the relationship between the real father (Henry) and Magdalena. As he himself states it in the film it is a story with the point of interest "what is a father?” I think there is no need to go into detail about how the film tries to solve and show this conflict as it can only be experienced by watching the film.

Another byproduct of the good written wanted and not wanted relationship constellation is the relation between the real father and the guy who thought he is the father. This good solved and explained relation gives the film depths that it lack in other parts and is mainly achieved by good acting performance. It also needs to be stated that the acting of the young girl is also really good and it is safe to say that the film also gets allot of power out of this phenomenal performance as the curtness and nativity of the girl often softens deep blows and difficult situations

All together it is definitely a film worth watching. That is all I can say.

No comments:

Post a Comment